Senior Business Development Manager
Sinara Consultants are seeking an enthusiastic, pro-active software services sales professional with a track record of generating new business and closing sales to join us and help achieve our growth targets. The role reports directly to the board and presents a rare opportunity to join a well-established, profitable fintech company at a senior level and be part of our future success.
About the Role
As BDM you will report directly to the Board, initially enacting Sinara’s existing business plans and then helping to establish new objectives and business plans in the years to come. This role has the potential to develop into the Head of Sales and Marketing.
Your primary focus will be on finding customers for Sinara’s technology offerings. This will include gathering feedback from the market in order to steer our R&D and engineering development. You will decide how much effort we invest in developing prospective customers. You will bring new clients on board and will manage and further develop our existing accounts.
You will expand and run a small team and together develop and grow the business, generating leads and sales both to new customers and existing clients.
You will help create and execute a sales methodology appropriate for Sinara’s size and ambitions.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including exclusive or shared involvement in:
- Contacting new prospects and building pipeline
- Managing the sales team and part time pre-sales effort from Sinara engineers and company directors.
- Helping to define marketing strategy and managing marketing effort
- Attending industry events and meet clients and prospects
- Demonstrating Sinara software and capabilities
- Orchestrating pre-sales activity with Sinara engineers to establish costs and project plans for prospective projects.
- Setting prices and negotiating commercial contracts
- Writing and presenting proposals
- Following through sales opportunities and closing sales
- Performing high level account management
- Sales forecasting and reporting.
Your required skills
We are looking for a results focused individual who can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Proven track record in business development and sales
- Understanding of software engineering related services and products
- Knowledge of regulated/unregulated trading ecosystems
- Excellent team manager and motivator
- New business development
- Account development
- An understanding of modern marketing
You will have 10+ years’ experience selling software services and solutions into financial institutions.
Additionally, having existing contacts within Sinara’s target client community would be an advantage.
What we offer
- A competitive salary package
- Half yearly career review and annual salary review
- Opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 25 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Six-monthly profit-related bonus scheme
- Service-related bonus scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Company lunches and social events
- A friendly, collaborative, and motivated working environment
- Free soft drinks and fruit when office-based
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Cycle friendly – CWS, shower, secure bike storage.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems.
We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge. We are currently working on a flexible remote workplace basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.
In the first instance please forward your CV to email@example.com with Senior Business Development Manager in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.