Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Sinara Consultants are recruiting a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our in-house IT infrastructure team. If you want to pursue a career in IT infrastructure working within a software company serving the financial sector with technically literate colleagues, you might like to apply to join us as our Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer.
About the role
This is a varied and challenging role for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to work with our Head of Technical Operations and IT Director to manage and maintain the infrastructure described below. The Infrastructure Engineer role requires knowledge of system and application software, networking and hardware and so will suit someone with a broad enthusiasm within IT, possibly someone who is looking for a step up in their IT infrastructure career. Although this is not a support position, you will need to communicate both with Sinara’s own users and occasionally with external clients. Such contact will in general be with technically literate users. You will also have support from and provide guidance to the Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer.
Our development and operational activities require a significant IT infrastructure – in our office, hosted at a major London data centre, and also in the cloud. We use a wide range of technology, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Hyper V, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes / containers and we make extensive use of SQL Server and PostGreSQL databases. Our future focus will be on further developing our cloud computing infrastructure.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including but not restricted to the following tasks:
- Set up and management of cloud infrastructure
- Design, build and management of application services to support the business and server infrastructure (real and virtual)
- System Monitoring and Maintenance
- Troubleshooting and Fault Investigation
- Firewall and Switch Configuration
You will have five or more years’ of relevant experience working in an IT Infrastructure role for a company using some or all of the technologies listed above, but essential to have some experience in cloud infrastructure.
You must be self-motivated, able to use your own initiative and thrive on learning new technologies and taking ownership of projects to achieve infrastructure objectives.
You should be someone who enjoys fixing things, building structure where it is lacking but can also be flexible where necessary to meet the changing needs of the company.
You are a practical person with a can-do, hands-on approach to new issues.
Your essential skills
You can demonstrate experience in most of the following areas:
- Azure and AWS and other cloud platforms
- A basis of knowledge of Microsoft system and application software
- Working knowledge of Linux
- A general knowledge of networking including TCP and DNS
- The ability to learn quickly those concepts with which you are unfamiliar
Your desirable skills
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of database servers (SQL ideally)
- Familiarity with containerisation and Kubernetes
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your work and an excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, friendly and approachable
- Good verbal and written communication
- A flexible attitude to work with the ability to handle changing priorities
What we offer
Range from £50,000 to £65,000 depending on experience
- Six-monthly profit-related bonus scheme
- Service-related bonus scheme
- Remote/office flexible working
- Private health insurance
- Income protection plan
- Workplace pension scheme
- MSc support programme
- Self-directed time for personal development
- Company social events
- Weekly staff lunches in the office
- Home office equipment and furniture provided
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Cycle friendly – CWS, shower, secure bike storage
- Introductory video call with Head of HR
- Technical interview with IT Director
- Final in-person interview with a few members of the Senior Management team and a chance to meet the Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
We are currently working on a flexible hybrid workplace basis.
We are Sinara and we have been developing bespoke solutions for the London trading markets for over 30 years. We take pride in our engineering heritage and quality software. A stable and dependable company, our solutions are created in small teams where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your potential.
Sinara is a London-based software house delivering innovative and reliable solutions to leading exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. Founded in 1989, Sinara has grown steadily and promotes trusted partnerships with our clients.
We have built up a successful track record as a financial systems developer, supplying our own software products and software development services. The systems we develop require high levels of technical expertise; for example, real-time trading and market data handling, complex database requirements and interfaces to internal or external systems.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Ready for the next step?
Whether you have detailed requirements for your new business IT solution or wish to discuss your initial thoughts and ideas, contact us to see how Sinara can help. Contact Us.