Sinara Consultants are expanding their software development team and are now recruiting Software Engineers. If you want to pursue a career working with financial applications and technology systems, you might like to apply to join us as a Software Engineer.
About the Role
Operating as an integral part of the Software Development team, your role is to create high quality solutions in support of bespoke client applications. These can be varied but typically revolve around aspects of trading systems and involve processing real time data from international exchanges and major City clients.
You will report to the Head of Software Development but will usually work within a small team under the direction of the Project Manager. Each project is different and we will look to put you to your best use – encouraging full use of your potential.
The nature of Sinara project teams is one of mutual support, and Software Engineers are expected to both provide and accept mentoring and on-going technical learning.
You will have two or more years’ experience working in a company developing a range of full-stack software applications.
You will be a practical and inquisitive person with an interest in technology and understanding the business drivers behind the solutions that Sinara build.
You will have a can-do hands-on approach and the attitude to meet project deadlines in our challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
Your essential skills
You can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- A minimum of two years’ professional coding.
- Familiarity with relational databases, including SQL.
- Use of multiple software toolsets and languages.
- Attention to detail, able to maintain high quality standards.
- An open and willing mindset, able to work in a small company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Your desirable skills
- Capability in: SignalR, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server, WPF, Knockout, AngularJS, React or similar.
- Experience in software testing and deployment.
- Knowledge of Financial or Trading Systems (including FIX) or a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of C++.
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your code, your testing, and an excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- To always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are involved in
- Effective presentational and organisational skills
What we offer
Sinara offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a profit related bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and flexi-time.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
We are currently working on a flexible hybrid workplace basis.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Engineer in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.