Software Test Engineer
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, confident and experienced test engineer to work with the Head of Engineering and her team to have significant input to the company’s software testing strategy and its implementation across all the numerous software development projects.
You will have accountability for test sign-off for Sinara’s software deliverables and the opportunity to expand the testing and QA team.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and is a practical hands-on testing role as well as one demanding thought leadership.
You will have four or more years’ experience working in a software testing role for a company developing a range of software applications.
Sinara Consultants are a leading provider of financial market data and trading-related software systems to commodity exchanges and financial institutions. Sinara’s software systems are a mixture of bespoke software applications and software products.
About the Role
In addition to reporting to the Head of Engineering you will be assigned on a project by project basis to work alongside the project managers to ensure the successful testing and delivery of those software projects.
You will operate as an integral part of the software engineering team and work in partnership with project leads.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including but not restricted to:
- Reviewing current procedures and best practices
- Reviewing software testing environments, tools, and methodologies
- Make recommendations to improve the Sinara testing function
- Writing project test cases and specifications
- Managing testing resources
- Provide on-going advice and support to project managers
- Manage all day-to-day testing phases of software development projects
You must be able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative to always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are working on.
You will be a practical and inquisitive person with an interest in technology and understanding the business drivers behind the solutions that Sinara builds.
You will have a can-do hands-on approach and the attitude to meet project deadlines in our challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, whilst making a valuable contribution in this key role to the overall continued success of the company.
Your current role will probably be as a test manager or a test engineer looking for a new challenge or an experienced test analyst with the belief and desire to step up into a more senior role and to make an impact.
Your essential skills
- Working in a test-oriented development environment runningthe full range of software tests
- System, acceptance, and regression testing
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Writing detailed test specifications and plans
- Using automated testing tools for server and web applications
- Managing teams of test engineers and analysts
- Maintaining project and testing standards documentation
- Working with senior management to specify software testing
- Working in a project-based bespoke software development environment
- Knowledge of iterative and agile software development methodologies
- Working in a Windows-based development environment
Your desirable skills
Some experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Security and pen testing
- Specifying, building, and deploying testing environments
- Working in a software product development environment
- Client-facing experience, working with client test and deployment teams
- Implementing DevOps for continuous test and integration
- Working in a Linux-based environment
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your work and an excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Knowledge of financial trading and market data would be useful but is not essential. Although your academic qualifications are not critically important you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards. You will almost certainly have an appropriate current professional accreditation.
What we offer
Sinara offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a significant bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and flexi-time.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge. We are currently working on a flexible remote workplace basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.
In the first instance please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Test Engineer in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.