Application Support Analyst
Sinara Consultants Ltd is looking for skilled, adaptable and inquisitive Application Support Analysts to join our Support team. You will be supporting a number of our business-critical applications, providing third-line support to a variety of customers. The role is based in our London office, near Tower Bridge, during the normal working day and requires availability outside of these hours on a rotational basis.
About the Role
You will be responsible for analysing, prioritising and resolving customer support incidents which may be application, data or system related.
The primary duties of this job comprise:
- Analyse and prioritise incidents reported by our customers
- Conduct investigations to provide a solution or a short-term workaround
- Liaise with our developers when potential software defects are identified
- Communicate with the customer until incident resolution
However the role is varied, and also includes the following additional responsibilities:
- Pro-actively maintaining support material
- Contributing to customer service performance reports
- Documenting routine change requests
- Undertaking routine data or system configuration tasks
- Working alongside the developers undertaking application and system testing
You will need
You will have at least one year’s experience working in a customer facing support role in an IT environment.
Although your academic qualifications are not critically important, you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards. We are not looking for any specific knowledge or certification but you will need to demonstrate some relevant experience.
The qualities we are looking for include:
- A general understanding of Microsoft Windows infrastructure is essential, including Web Service technologies
- A good understanding of SQL Server databases
- The ability to construct relatively complex SQL queries
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- The ability to learn quickly those concepts with which you are unfamiliar
- A fine attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Knowledge of financial trading and market data would be useful but is not essential.
You may have a software development or system or database administration background but will be keen to move to an application support role with a broader knowledge base. Our specialist applications are varied and you will need to acquire a general understanding of the underlying business processes and data structures.
What we offer
We are offering a competitive salary based on your relevant experience. You will also receive a profit related bonus, 25 days paid holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and other benefits. Additional remuneration is available for the out-of-hours support rota.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV, along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.