Software Test Analyst
Consultants Ltd is seeking a Software Test Analyst to join our engineering team. The role presents an opportunity to join a well-established, profitable fintech company, and make a significant impact and contribution to our growing engineering team and to Sinara’s future success.
You will have two or more years’ experience working in a software testing role for a company developing a range of software applications.
About the Role
You will operate as an integral part of the software engineering team and work on a project-by-project basis alongside the test engineer and project managers to ensure the successful testing and delivery of those software projects.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including but not restricted to:
• Preparing and maintaining test plans
• Defining high level test cases
• Writing test scripts
• Writing test specification documents
• Executing manual test scripts
• Executing automated test scripts
• Providing feedback to Test Engineer and development teams
• Use Jira for issue tracking and development planning
• Providing technical expertise to the team and help ensure the appropriate testing techniques are used to find defects early in the test cycle.
• Ensure test risks and issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved
• Reviewing software testing environments, tools, and methodologies
You must be able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative to always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are working on.
You are a practical and inquisitive person with an enthusiasm for technology and finance with a desire to understand the business drivers behind Sinara’s solutions.
You have a can-do hands-on approach and the attitude to meet project deadlines in our challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, whilst making a valuable contribution in this key role to the overall continued success of the company.
Your essential skills
We are looking for test analysts who can demonstrate experience in most of the following areas:
- Working in a test-oriented development environment running the full range of software tests: system, integration, acceptance, and regression testing & functional and non-functional testing
- Writing detailed test specifications and plans
- Maintaining project and testing standards documentation
- Working in a project-based bespoke software development environment
- Knowledge of iterative and agile software development methodologies
- Working in a Windows-based development environment
Your desirable skills
Some experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Using automated testing tools for server and web applications
- Trading and finance industry knowledge
- Using automation test tools – Selenium/Cypress
- Use of test tools such as HPALM, Quality Centre, Xray
- Security and pen testing
- Specifying, building, and deploying testing environments
- Working in a software product development environment
- Client-facing experience, working with client test and deployment teams
- Implementing DevOps for continuous test and integration
- Working in a Linux-based environment
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your work and an excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Knowledge of financial trading and market data would be useful but is not essential. Although your academic qualifications are not critically important you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards. You will almost certainly have an appropriate current IQTQB professional accreditation.
What we offer
Sinara offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a significant bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and flexi-time.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge. We are currently working on a flexible remote workplace basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.
In the first instance please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Test Engineer in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.