Sinara Consultants are expanding their software development team and are now recruiting experienced Senior Software Engineers. If you want to pursue a career working with financial applications and technology systems, you might like to apply to join us as a Senior Software Engineer.
About the Role
This role reports to the Head of Software Development and is an opportunity for a talented, confident, and experienced Senior Software Engineer to become an integral part of the software development team and be instrumental as technical lead across the full software development life cycle on a variety of project teams.
You will have responsibility for creating innovative, high quality, reliable bespoke applications from the requirements stage all the way to support hand-over, working in partnership with the Project Manager.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including but not restricted to:
- Being a technical project lead
- Systems analysis and specification writing
- System and component design
- Writing, testing, and supporting high quality code
- Technical mentoring of other project team members
- Leading client-facing interaction such as requirement and review meetings
You will have four or more years’ experience working in a company developing a range of full-stack software applications.
You will be a practical and inquisitive person with an interest in technology and understanding the business drivers behind the solutions that Sinara build.
You will have a can-do hands-on approach and the attitude to meet project deadlines in our challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
Your essential skills
You can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Impressive C# and .Net/.NetCore skills
- OOP programming techniques
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle
- Familiarity with iterative and agile software development methodologies
- Managing and mentoring teams of software developers
- Database design and implementation
- Developing in a Windows-based environment
- Writing detailed functional specifications
Your desirable skills
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of SignalR, Vue.js, or equivalent such as React, Angular
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of financial trading, market data and distribution protocols e.g., FIX
- Developing cloud-based SaaS applications
- Developing in a Linux-based development environment
- Leading client-facing interaction such as requirement, status, and review meetings
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your code, your testing, your team management, and an excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- To always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are involved in
- Effective presentational and organisational skills
Although your academic qualifications are not critically important, you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards.
What we offer
Sinara offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a profit related bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and flexi-time.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
We are currently working on a flexible hybrid workplace basis.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Software Engineer in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.