Software Project Manager
Sinara Consultants Ltd is seeking a Software Project Manager to join our engineering team. The role presents an opportunity to join a well-established, profitable fintech company, and make a significant impact and contribution to our growing engineering team and to Sinara’s future success.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and is a unique opportunity for a talented, confident, and experienced software project manager to become an integral part of her team and be instrumental in the successful delivery of a variety of software projects.
You will have four or more years’ experience working as a project manager for a company developing a range of full-stack software applications. You almost certainly have a background in software development and are a certified project management professional.
Who are we?
Sinara are a leading provider of financial market data and trading-related software systems to commodity exchanges and financial institutions. Sinara’s software systems are a mixture of bespoke software applications and software products.
About the Role
You will operate as an integral part of the software engineering team and working in partnership with project technical leads. You will have responsibility for creating innovative, high quality, reliable bespoke applications from the requirements stage all the way to support hand-over whilst managing project timescales, risk and issue resolutions.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including but not restricted to:
- Implementing effective project control by monitoring and reporting on progress and the status of key milestones
- Directing and prioritising the workload of the development team
- Assessing, planning for, and managing project risks, issues, escalations, and problem resolutions
- Ensuring all work is compliant with project standards
- Undertaking and recording project quality reviews
- Creating and keeping up-to-date project documentation
- Leading client-facing interaction such as requirement, status, and review meetings
Your essential skills
We are looking for software project managers who can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Impressive knowledge of project management best practice and methodologies
- Excellent team manager and motivator
- Managing multiple project teams at the same time
- Able to anticipate and identify critical technical challenges
- Good understanding of iterative and agile software development methodologies
- Thorough understanding of the full software development life-cycle
- Able to talk to our clients in their own language as well as understand the technical detail from the development team
Your desirable skills
Some experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Knowledge of Jira or other issue tracking tools
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development, ideally C#
- Writing of complex and detailed functional specifications
- Understanding of SQL Server databases and query languages
- Knowledge of financial trading, market data and distribution protocols e.g. FIX
- Involvement with software testing teams
- Development in a Windows-based environment
- Development of cloud-based SaaS applications
You must be able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also being self-motivated using your own initiative to constantly think about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are working on.
You are a practical and inquisitive person with an enthusiasm for technology and finance with a desire to understand the business drivers behind Sinara’s solutions.
You have a can-do hands-on approach and the attitude to meet project deadlines in our challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, whilst making a valuable contribution in this key role to the overall continued success of the company.
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your team management skills, and an excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- To always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are involved in
- Effective presentational and organisational skills
Although your academic qualifications are not critically important, you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards. We expect you to be Prince2, PMP or equivalent accredited.
What we offer
Sinara offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a significant bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and flexi-time.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge. We are currently working on a flexible remote workplace basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.
In the first instance please forward your CV to email@example.com with Software Project Manager in the subject line and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Sinara does not seek or acknowledge unsolicited Agency actions.